Monday, September 1, 2008

Off to the trail


I'm leaving a day late but I'm packed up and ready to leave the house. Wow, I didn't realize how much work it would take to be a traveler. There was so much packing and organizing.

I'm so excited to hit the trail today. The weather is beautiful and warm, thankfully. My pack is heavy! At least it will get lighter every day as I eat. Silvi has her own pack and a bell. I'm hoping she can handle the hiking. Dog food is heavy. I didn't put much weight in her pack so I'm carrying all my food for almost 2 weeks and dog food. I will have to get off the trail to buy her more food. I never realized how heavy a bag of spices was until every ounce was packed up and on my back.

Luckily I don't care how far I get I just want to be out and hiking for 2 weeks. My mom's picking me up on Sept. 16. Can't wait to see those stars tonight in the woods.

Here's a picture of the Mac N Cheese car, my '82 Mercedes that will be getting me cross country.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Silvi looks psyched!!! Good luck, Meg!
I hope the weather holds out okay!

fran said...

Meg,
You have inspired the whole gang.Charlie is gunning for a veggie car when he turns 16,so we are really anxious to see how everything goes.

You look great and so does Silvi.. you go girl!
love,Fran