Monday, September 22, 2008

Rainbow in Yellowstone

























This was the biggest rainbow I've ever seen. I just pulled over in the car and watched it for at least 15mins. It was a double rainbow. The sky was wide open when the rainbow appeared. It went on forever!

Yellowstone is huge. It is magnificent and the land changes dramatically as you drive around. I didn't camp in Yellowstone because there was free National Forest camping right outside the park. The campgrounds in Yellowstone were a little too developed for me. I think I need to go back and explore the back country. After 2 days of driving through Yellowstone with all those people I couldn't wait to get out. There are so many rules and Silvi wasn't allowed anywhere except on the road. I loved hiking in the National Forest that is next to Yellowstone. Just as wild but no rules and barely any people!

In Yellowstone everyone jumps out of their cars every time there's an elk, bear, buffalo, etc. That wouldn't be bad but then they try and get real close to the animals. I began to feel like I was driving through a giant zoo. I hate zoos! But I'm glad I went. The boiling streams and acid hot springs are very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this rational that humans volunteer to live in little homes and have tight little neighbor hoods and enjoy the heck out of that life style. Why not animals at the zoo? With no predators and ready food and water, but I donno, its still a prison camp.