Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Camping totally off the Map









































































Down this "Road" was the cavern area where I camped. This amazing place was out past Goblin State Park, UT. Goblin State Park is about 30 miles from the interstate.

The first night I camped here I just left my car on the dirt road and walked in to pitch my tent. But there were cars and trucks driving down the main dirt road so I decided to be brave and drive Mac on off the main road the next day. I should be in an ad for Mercedes! The 1982 Mercedes as an off road vehicle.

I loved this spot. It felt like the desert sort of. There are these huge clay formations that look like goblins. It was kind of like the real world version of the movie the Labyrinth. I hiked all around yesterday. Silvi and I followed the dry creek beds. I figured that was the safest way not to get lost.

I asked around today and found out I was Bureau of Land Management space. I talked to a local man. He said "that it's our land use it." I love when people say that. I've heard locals across the west use those exact words. It warms my heart!

1 comment:

XThisXIsForever said...

e73ohey meg,i miss you. i hope your doing well