Sunday, August 31, 2008

Moving on out

I'm out of Philly and have started my trip. Holy crap! Yesterday was a blur. I was living in a 4 floor walk up in University city. I made what felt like a hundred trips up and down the stairs packing up my car. The car was packed to it's limits. Thankfully I was able to store some of the things I won't need on the trip at friends and families houses.

It's amazing how a little bit of stuff can seem like a lot when you're living out of a car. 2 pillows turned out to be one to many. The veggie oil tanks sits in the truck where the spare tire was. I now keep my spare behind the passenger seat on the floor. To fill my veggie tank I need to have easy access to my truck. This means less stuff and an organized truck. I also want to keep 3 jugs of filtered veggie oil in my truck. Wow driving for free has really cut my space. But it's worth it. Who needs 2 pillows out on the road anyway. People do these kind of trips on motorcycles. I can definitely make it work.

I slept at my mom's house last night. Today I'll get dropped off at the Appalachian Trail. I've got all my gear and food. I'm excited, scared and can't believe it's all happening today. I'll be on the trail until Sept. 15. I will then wash up at my mom's and head off to Glacier National Park in Montana.

I will be sending daily updates to my new twitter account. mac_cheese. I think that's the easiest way for me to save battery and stay in touch. Hopefully my phone doesn't get wet or punk out on me in any way.

No comments: