Monday, September 8, 2008

Ohio

Early morning dawn at Ohio's West Branch State Park.







This is a beautiful park. The morning light and the fog over the lake was impressive.

I love watching the mountains, trees and farms change as I drive. I'm not sure the other cars appreciate my car's slow going but 'Mac' just can't go that fast. We stay around 60MPH. No chance of getting a speeding ticket in this car.

Last night I spent the night at West Branch State park. This park was in the middle of nowhere. I went to check in and saw the camping prices, $20 for a primitive (no toilet site). Umm no, not on my cheap budget. I figured I'd just sleep in the car in a parking lot on one of the outer roads of the park. Immediately a state ranger came over and asked if I was o.k. I talked with him and he said it was cool if I slept in my car as long as I was out before the next ranger came on duty at 7am. Perfect! I hope that will work in the future. I just need to get further west and then there's plenty of free camping. Until then I'm loving my car.

3 comments:

Zoop said...

Wow ... looks beautiful! Your adventure sounds awesome, and I'm so happy that you are having such a blast. I can't wait to read more about your travels ...
Big hugs, Adriana

Unknown said...

good work with the trooper, meg!
i mean, seriously, 20 bucks and no toilet? please.
xoxx laura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mEKMz2Pvo

Jen said...

20$ is definitely a rip off. Good thing the ranger was a nice guy. :D

+Jen