Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arches National Park






































Arches National Park was a beautiful and scenic drive. People have given the rock formations all kinds of funny names, like "Sheep's Head Broken Arch". I think the geologist may have spent too much time in the desert sun.

I went into the visitor center to ask about local Bureau of Land Management Land and National Forest Land. The women I talked to was a trip. I don't think she liked me very much. But the feeling was mutual! Ha, Ha. She got her back up very quickly that I was looking for a place to just put my tent for free. She told me I'd need a National Forest approved toilet to take both my pee and poop out with me. I wish I had a picture of my face when she said that. Is this lady for real??

I always practice low impact camping. I don't make fires and bring all my trash out with me. But I do go to the bathroom where I camp. I bury "it" 6" deep like you're supposed to. But I'm not about to carry that out!

The funny thing is that the National Parks are filled with cars, SUV's, and trucks pulling huge trailers. How about all those fossil fumes park ranger lady?

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's a happy outdoor puppy! Beautiful formations!