Sunday, October 5, 2008

Capitol Reefs National Park











































I went to Capitol Reef's on the recommendation of a couple I met at bar in Green River, UT. I decided it was time to pay to camp for a night. After 3 days in the desert $10 was worth camping with people!

I loved Capitol Reef's because it is an unique National Park. This park was originally a Mormon settlement. The last of the Mormon's left over 50 years ago but the farm house, barn and orchards are all still here. They have all kinds of pick your own fruit orchards. I'm a practical girl and I love seeing how land is used by people to live. Plus I now have tons of fresh apples!

The Mormon's settled here in the late 1800's. They built dams and brought water into the valley. It was really cool to come out of the desert into this little oasis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lovely journey this appears to be! Meg, dear, you must be getting close to Arizona. You are going to come for a visit, yes?
Barb

Anonymous said...

you rock, keep turning the pages, I love reading what u discover