Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Quest for Deep Creek Hot Springs!













I drove in the desert for at least an hour trying to find Deep Creek Hot Springs.








































































It took unbelievable persistence to find Deep Creek Hot Springs. The directions online sucked. I drove around and around on desert roads trying to find Bowen Ranch Rd. I asked for directions at least 5 times but no one could really knew what they were talking about. I was finally about to give up when I saw a mail man. He gave me great directions and told me I was going to have a blast!

The hot springs are located outside of Hesperia, CA. I payed my $5 to Mike, the guy who lives and takes care of the BLM land where the springs are located. There are a few different ways to hike into the hot springs. The Pacific Crest Trail is right next to the springs. It was cool to see the P.C.T. It's on my list of things to do!

I hiked the 2 or so miles on a desert trail to the hot springs. It's incredible to walk in the desert and then see a river! I was at the springs on a Thursday so there were only a few people around. It's a big nudist, hippie location. I'll have to go back on a weekend to get the full experience!

No comments: