Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lava Cave













The entrance of the Lava Caves. Exploring a cave was first for both Silvi and I!




































The forest on the drive to the Lava Cave in Flagstaff, AZ.

I was lucky enough to be taken to a Lava Cave in Flagstaff, AZ. Thanks Andrew for showing me this cool place. The cave was formed by hot lava in a volcanic eruption many years ago.

I've been on top of mountains, in slot canyons and now I've been in the total darkness of an underground cave! Life is good.

The feeling of being underground surrounded by rock in the dark is unique. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's scared of the dark or claustiphobic. I wasn't sure how Silvi would do climbing over rocks in the dark but she's a trooper and a crowd pleaser. I passed a kid that said enthusiastically "Wow, you have your dog AND a lantern, you're so lucky!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were at that very same lava cave with friends about 3 weekends ago after a trip on the Perkinsville road from Jerome, up through Williams and then out through the ranch lands. Awesome, isn't it? Still in the Neighborhood? We're still here in Cottonwood!