Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Strange Potters













I stopped at this pottery store just over the AZ border coming from UT. Wow, what a strange place in a tiny town. I went in and picked out the a cool vase and then realized I needed cash.

I went to the only ATM at a gas station/market/gun store. I walked over to the ATM and the guy at the register asked me how much money I wanted to take out. Coming from Philly I had to resist the thought that he was trying to rob me. I wanted $100 and he said that he needed to put more cash in the machine. I guess I could have robbed him. He took money out of his cash register and loaded the ATM.

I went back to the pottery store owned by a middle aged couple. I walked in and saw a cute pitbull curled up on the floor. I said "hi" to the dog when the man immediately came out of the back and yelled at the dog "Go to your hole!" It gave me chills and I definitely didn't want to see the hole. Has anyone seen 'Silence of the Lambs'? That's what the serial killer yells at his victim.

I paid for the vase and talked with the man and his wife that owned the store. They were too interesting to pass up a conversion with. Jim and Lisa make all the pottery they sell. Jim asked me if I had any weed. I didn't so I said no but I could have had a truck load of weed and I still would have said no!

Jim and Lisa were harmless, I guess, I couldn't quite read them. They were paranoid about the world. Jim said "It's a dangerous world. I just watched a video were 2 blackies beat up people on a bus for an ipod somewhere back east." Yes, he said blackies; I'd never even heard that before. Jim and Lisa then went on to talk about Ted Bundy and all the women he killed. They were trying to warn me of the dangers of the traveling alone as a woman. But I couldn't tell if maybe they were warning me of themselves. They tried to convince me to camp on their land next to the shop or get a room across the street. I declined and decided the forest was safer. Especially since Jim wanted to know if I had gun. He had many!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What the hell...Seriously, you should've interrupted them and started having a conversation with yourself then left saying "Yes Mistress, yes, whatever you will..."Then just have gotten in your car and punched the pedal!

I'm very glad you chose the forest!