Monday, August 18, 2008

Kick Off

In 10 days I'm leaving for a cross country trip that I have been planning for a year and half. My dog and I will be camping at National Parks, hiking, working and exploring anything that catches my interest. I have at least 4 months set aside for the trip. I have no real plan or route for the trip except to stay away from cold weather. I have a list of sites that I want to see and hope people will post suggestions.

I quit my job and move out of my apartment next week. I've sold or gave away well over 2/3 of my belongings. I'm selling my '04 VW Passat to fund the trip. Anyone need a car?

I bought a 1982 Mercedes a couple of weeks ago. I wanted an old diesel car to convert to veggie oil. The Grease car kit has arrived and is getting installed this week. Yah! I'm now the proud owner of a 26 year old, 187,00 miles driven, luxury cruising vehicle. Here's hoping I don't have to camp and work at a WalMart in the middle of now where to pay for repairs.

I bought the car off of craig'slist from a very nice guy. The car is now know as the Mac N Cheese car because of the following email exchange. I wish I had a camera on my face when I opened the first email. I was totally confused by the email but mainly I was disappointed. How could I buy the car off this guy? I did find him and the car through Craig's list after all. But thankfully the second email had a reasonable and funny explanation. I bought the car. The seller showed me the hamsters and his girlfriend when I went to pick it up.

"DEER MEGHAN THANK U 4 CLEANIN OUR CAGE KOVIN NEVER DO IT AND MY TURDZ SMELLDED KEEP UP DA GUD WORK

CHEEZ

dear m****,

i too appreciate your effort. can i have my own iphone next? it would mean so much to me. if not, another cage cleaning when needed would be ok.

love,
macaroni j. hamster

Nice to meet you today. As you probably figured out, the silly hamster email was supposed to be sent to my girlfriend, M***, but do to the wonders of auto-complete, you got it. Realizing what happened 20 minutes ago, I am beyond embarrassed, but also cracking up laughing. I'll joke around with her sometimes, sending fake emails from our hamsters "Mac" and "Cheese". Anyway, thought I would give you an explanation on why you got a crazy email this AM. Bet this didn't happen when people sold cars in the newspaper...
*****"

3 comments:

Megs said...

Congrats Meg! I want to wish you the best of luck on your travels. Please don't hesitate to call me for anything. You are one of my oldest friends and I will miss you! Be safe and have a fabulous trip. XOXOXO Megan

Jen said...

Good luck, Meg! Have an amazing trip and take care of yourself!

+Jen

batia said...

Waiting for you in 'zona, Meg! Godspeed! Call if you need anything!
B & C