Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Exploring Owens Valley, CA













The Owen's Valley road trip crew. Mike, Jeff, Me, and Matt.













The Buttermilk boulders. This is a hot spot for bouldering. There was snow on the ground but it was beautiful out. I walked around barefoot and in a tank top. Not bad weather considering it was the end of December.












This is taken at the top of a climb in the Alabama Hills. This was a really hard climb but I got the top. What a great feeling looking around after climbing a huge rock!


























The Sierra Mountains are absolutely beautiful. I look forward to hiking to the top of Mt. Whitney one of these days.

I spent the first few days of my Christmas road trip in Owen's Valley near Bishop, CA. I was even lucky enough to go to a hot springs a couple of times outside of Bishop. Sitting in a natural hot spring after a day of climbing was awesome. It was cold out that night. I think it was around 30 degrees. But sitting in the hot springs was wonderful. There is nothing like looking up at an amazing starry sky in a steamy pond in the middle of winter with a great group of friends.

2 comments:

Marquesa Jen said...

Hey Marguerite! I don't know if you come on here anymore, but I started a new blog and just wanted to say Hi and I miss you!

anywhere I can send a letter to for you?

Anonymous said...

meg0-
i am living in northern cali- want to visit????
Lori